Product Warranty with Terms and Conditions.
Ambassador Doors and Windows warrants their products for 5 years to be free of defects and of acceptable workmanship.Window and door hardware is only warranted for 12 months from date of invoice. Wooden products are dispatched untreated, unfinished and are susceptible to expansions and contractions caused by variances in both temperate and humidity. This may result in surface checking, shrinking or cupping of material. The natural characteristics of wood movement cannot be warranted against. Ambassador warrants their products only if they have been paid in full.
Should the product be found to contain defects, Ambassador will at its option either:
Repair any product without charge or; Replace any product in the same unfinished, untreated, exclusive of fitting state and to the same physical address originally supplied.
Exclusions to Product Warranty
1. Natural variations in colour, texture or surface checking of wood are not considered defects.
2. Any wooden product coated in a dark colour such as ebony, black or dark green, as this causes excessive heat absorption on the outside.
3. Shrinking and swelling and minor cracking of components particularly raised panels is a normal characteristic of wood.
4. As Timber is a natural product, components will absorb moisture in winter and shrink in summer, which may distort the components. One example in particular, door stiles that may twist/ bow in deviation of 8mm and less per running 2000mm length are not considered to be a defect., We therefore highly recommend fitting top and bottom barrel bolts to every opening door, to keep the door in position during seasonal changes. Timber or Supawood hinged doors higher than 2400mm or wider than 900mm are not warranted by Ambassador or on behalf of a third party manufacturer as the case may be. Timber pivot doors wider than 1200mm or higher than 2400mm is also not warranted.
5. Rotting of timber and/or failure of material in product.
6. Any joinery items that are directly exposed to the elements (sun, rain, water) and / or without adequate protective covering as well as joinery items that are functioning as external gates or shutters without a capping over the top.
7. Any glass product factory-fitted or installed by Ambassador after fitment or supplied date for defects such as scratches or cracking.
8. Double glazing failure is not within our care and manufacture, therefore only 1 year warranty.
9. Weather seals fitted to our frameless units.
10. Wear and tear, negligence and abuse of hardware/product is excluded from product warranty. All products/hardware require general annual maintenance, upkeep, cleaning, varnish or lubrication as the case may be and an obvious failure on the part of the Client to do any of the aforementioned or if in the sole discretion of Ambassador any defect or any problem with any product that could have been prevented by taking any of the measures set out herein may render the warranty on the specific product or the entire installation null and void. Timber products that require planing down/ shaving off due to seasonal swelling, falls under maintenance by home owner/clients’ responsibility as well as sealing/painting of products annually.
11. Failure to adhere to proper building-in installations for supplied products and the regular treatment and sealing instructions.
12. The warranty may not be ceded to any party not a party to the agreement and/or installation which gave rise to this warranty and the warranty shall not survive any transfer of the property to any third party.
Terms and Conditions as agreed by paying deposit:
- Quoted prices are valid for 15 (fifteen) days only, commencing on date of transmission or delivery of the quotation. Errors and omissions accepted. Prices are subject to Rand/Dollar fluctuations and price(s) may change without notice. Client must check before placing order if prices are still valid. Prices are also subject to quality and size amendments.
- Prices are subject to change based on duration of project, irrespective of deposit payment date.
- By payment of the deposit, whether these terms and conditions were signed or not, the client agrees to be bound these terms including the terms relating to payment. Manufacture of the goods shall only commence on receipt of payment of 60% of the quoted amount and Installation shall only commence on receipt of a further top-up payment of 35% ie 95% payment of the quoted amount. Should any payment due not be made within 7 days from date of request Ambassador reserves the right to cancel this agreement without further notice to the client. In the event that products were manufactured the terms of clause 4 below shall be applicable. Top up payments for installations or deliveries must be paid within 5 days if products are completed and in storage and waiting on installation or delivery date that has been held up/paused by client and no fault of ambassador. Further, storage fees, penalties and interest may be applicable if the specific product initial lead time be exceeded by factor of 2, without a top up payment received.
- An order may not be altered, amended or cancelled after payment of the deposit. We reserve the right to charge additional fees and or increases. Cancellation fees if approved by Ambassador, will be a minimum of 15% for admin and handling or other reasons. Any goods not collected or installed and stored on our premises for more than 2 months from invoice date may be sold or destroyed without owners consent to defer costs, fees as it will deem to be a hazard in our factory.
- Unless otherwise stated directly on the quote, prices exclude installation, hanging of wooden doors, glazing, sealing, wet works (eg plastering, caulking cills, painting etc.), waterproofing and angles, removing of protective plastics, removal of alarms cables and magnets, blinds, burglar bars and cleaning of glass. Should we elect or be mandated to install, and only to the extent stated in the quotation, only wet works of small patch plastering (repair of small chips, cracks, edges) will be included and not full plastering as this outsourced skilled trade will have to be charged for as an extra and may be sub-contracted to a third party on Client’s request and instruction. The extent of plasterwork may be difficult to determine prior to installation and may only become apparent during or after installation. Patch plastering is not a finished surface for direct painting. Surface may require further smoothing and preparation by applying appropriate sealant/polyfiller and then primed and painted, all to be completed by Client / professional painter at the Client’s insistence and for the Client’s account.
- All Ambassador products are manufactured to our standard design, methods, sections, profiles and hardware types and also std hardware positioning on all products. Any specific hardware / product(s) / sections / profiles and positioning of hardware must be explicitly stated on the quote.
- Fabrication will commence only after site inspection and individual measurement of all openings. Ambassador require a secure structure (Eg; solid brick, steel, wood, concrete) depending on application, for fixing of products when installing and will not be liable for poor/weak/inadequate structures or a hidden void when installing. The responsibility lies with the Client to ensure there is a proper structure before installation commences and wherever installers may deem necessary. Ambassador is also not responsible for removing any cladding or any wall coverings to determine if there is adequate structural support in place.
- All glazing will be in accordance with SANS 10400-N specifications. An Ambassador glazing certificate will only be released after full payment.
- Timber or Supawood hinged doors higher than 2400mm or wider than 900mm are not warranted by Ambassador or on behalf of a third party manufacturer as the case may be. Timber pivot doors wider than 1200mm or higher than 2400mm is also not warranted. Any Items/doors/windows specified on the quotation as O/IN or open-in or products with flat sills or pivoting windows or doors are prone to leaking and Ambassador do not warrant these products to be waterproof and accepts no liability by any party, whether an Ambassador employee, installer, sales person, agent, product manager, contractor or any other third party for any damages, whether direct or indirect, repairs, emergency maintenance or replacement caused as a result of these products leaking.
- Timber doors that are used as external gates must be fitted with a cover capping to prevent weather exposure. This can be either quoted on or fitted at own cost.
- With installations unless agreed and stated specifically in the quotation, the client will be responsible for removal of old units/doors/windows, preparation of openings, taking down fittings, blinds, burglar bars, alarm sensors etc and removal of furniture & valuables prior to and during the work process. Should the openings and preparation for installation not be done by builder / client, prior to the agreed upon day of installation or if a site paused/heldup during installation (eg. waiting on builder to do works or waterproofer to complete works) and no fault by ambassador, whether with client, contractor or project manager, we reserve the right to cancel the installation day and will have to book a new installation day when available and also charge for a new installation fee to return if an installation team was dispatched to site. Additional fees also applicable should client or associates cancel a prebooked installation day 2 days / 48hrs prior to installation. With extracting of existing units on installation, Ambassador does not allow for the careful extraction for reselling/repurposing of units. We remove items by cutting units and then extraction, Should the client want to repurpose or sell existing items, then it is for the client liability and associated costs to extract the items carefully before we arrive on site. In retrofit (extract and fit) installations, Ambassador will fix units through the frame and cover cap over the fixing screws as std method of installation. Raw (new build) installations may be a combination of lug fix and fix through frame methods at Ambassadors’ discretion unless otherwise instructed and mutually agreed in writing prior to installation. Further on retrofit installations, when removing existing products, Ambassador will fit the new products onto the same existing plaster line on the inside of the home. Should your inside plaster line be skew in the reveals, the new product will fall into the same skew line. Any attempts to correct existing skew plaster lines will be for clients account and responsibility and may not hamper the installation time period.
- Sealing on raw/new build sites by means of silicone based sealing on exterior only. Should the scope of work be to remove existing and fit new units, we will seal the exterior with silicon based sealer and interior with painters mate. Any other sealer required must be quoted and accepted by the client.
- Cleaning of products and glass on site will only be cleaned such that the main dirt is removed as we are not a specialist cleaning company. Wrapping of units is done with our std tape and plastic/polymask and only once. Should the units require rewrapping or retaping for any reason whatsoever, this will have to be quoted for.
- Whilst utmost care will be taken to avoid damage, Ambassador and its employees cannot be held liable for any damages to tiles, plastering, window cills, carpets, sanitary ware, water pipes, electrical wires, alarm cables, security gates etc…
- Ambassador will not be held liable for any direct, consequential or special damages or for any delictual liability whatsoever arising from our or any third party products or the installation thereof whether directly or indirectly or due to any failure by Ambassador to carry out its obligations whether known or not known at the time. The Client hereby indemnifies Ambassador, its directors and employees from and against such claims. Furthermore, that any advice given by Ambassador or any of its employees as to the use of any goods or general advice shall be without prejudice and shall not give rise to any claim of whatever nature against Ambassador. Should the client in any way instruct or ask an employee of Ambassador to do anything which is contrary to any instructions provided to the employee by a duly authorised site manager or which may in any way bring about an alteration or amendment to the quoted installation or specifications or be contrary to the prescribed installation instructions, then in such event Ambassador will not accept responsibility or be held liable for any consequences, including but not limited to damages or harm to any person or property of any sort whether to the Client or any third party.
- Any variation or unforeseen technical circumstances or difficulties, relating to the product or the area of installation, which brings about an increase in the price or scope of the quoted works will be for the account of the client.
- Should installation work only be allowed during certain hours of the day due to noise, etc., or be required in multiple phases, this must be disclosed during the quotation period or at final measurement and the quote adjusted accordingly as our quotation allows for one phase only. Should this information not be disclosed beforehand, Ambassador reserves the right to either charge for extra days required to complete the work, which must be agreed to in writing by the client before commencement or continuation of work, or to terminate the installation contract and mark as supply only. Any time spent on site will then be charged against the installation fee and the remainder of this fee will be offset against any balances owing.
- Should ‘supply only’ orders be required in multiple phases, this must be disclosed and quoted accordingly.
- Further to the Product Warranty all wooden products are supplied in its untreated, unfinished, raw form and must be prepped (fine sanded or smoothed down) before painting or varnishing and sanded again between coats. Failure to do so will result in an ‘unfinished’ looking product for which Ambassador cannot be held liable.
- Lead times stated are estimates only and are not binding on Ambassador. No payments may be withheld or deferred in terms thereof or penalties charged. Manufacturing as well as installation lead times are subject to load shedding variations and Ambassador cannot be held liable for delays from our suppliers or our factory. Our stated estimated lead times will further vary or be extended based on current load shedding impacts on the factory and our installation teams and this may be only be known or changed on a day to day basis.
- Products are only covered by our warranty once paid in full and by paying the deposit or accepting these terms and conditions the client acknowledges that he/she/it read and understood the terms of the product warranty available on our website. All hardware and double glazed glass fitted to products are warranted for one year only from date of invoice.
- Should our product be altered, tampered with or added to by a party other than Ambassador which changes its original state, in whatsoever way after delivery or installation, the warranty on the product could be rendered Null and Void.
- Should finishing works be held up through no fault of Ambassador, all balances become due within 7 days after installation of the quoted doors/windows and payment may not be withheld pending finalisation of final finishes.
- Should any performance tests or competency certificates or structural engineers certificate or building plans or municipal council approvals be required, the onus will be for the Client to obtain and at his/her/its expense. As we manufacture many types and custom products, we cannot test every product and issue SANS 613 certificates for all types, therefore should the client require such certificates, it will be for the clients account.. Frameless units are not suitable to act as a primary barrier to a home and should be used exclusively for a patio enclosure.
- Ambassador shall retain all intellectual property rights in all engineering and all other work, deliverables, documentation, reports, designs, formulae, methodologies, proposals and specifications developed or used by Ambassador.
- The Client hereby grants Ambassador an irrevocable lien on and over any and all installations and material(s) installed, manufactured or delivered under this agreement which lien shall persist until such time as all outstanding invoices have been settled in full. Outstanding balances are due in full and may not be offset or contra against any claimed expense. Ambassador has the first right to rectify any agreed works using own resources.
- We have no control over use of the goods or incorrect use or failure to follow common usage and safety principles. The quality and sustainability of the product for any purpose or use should be confirmed with the users own tests and satisfy himself for the purpose of application. Ambassador makes no representation regarding the purpose for which its products can or may be used other than the general accepted purpose for which a reasonable person would use the products.
- No indulgence, extension of time, relaxation or latitude which Ambassador may permit at any time in regard to the carrying out of any of the client’s obligations shall prejudice Ambassador in any manner whatsoever or be a waiver by Ambassador of its rights against the client.
- The client consents to Ambassador instituting any proceedings arising out of this contract in any Magistrate’s Court having jurisdiction over the client, irrespective of the amount of the claim.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein contained, if the Client is a legal entity, the Representative(s)/ Proprietor(s) / Director(s) / Partner(s) / Member(s) Trustee (the “Surety/ies”) hereby bind himself/herself/themselves jointly and severally as surety/ies and co-principal debtor/s in solidum with the Client, in favour of Ambassador, for the due and proper performance of all the obligations of the Client in terms of this Agreement.
- No Party shall be liable to the other for any losses which are a result of any default or delay in the performance of its obligations under this Agreement if and to the extent such default or delay is caused, directly or indirectly, by fire, flood, earthquake, elements of nature or acts of God, riots, civil disorders, rebellions, states of disaster, pandemics, national lockdowns or revolutions in south Africa or any other country or other cause which is beyond the reasonable control of such Party.
- The client shall pay all costs of whatsoever nature, including costs of the attorney-and-own-client scale, incurred by Ambassador as a result of Ambassador having to take any legal action against the client.
- The Client must maintain and service the products to ensure that it operates as intended throughout the life cycle of the product based on usage and physical area of where the product is used and an obvious failure to maintain will result in voided warranty.
- Should the client require a Health and Safety file for site purposes, Ambassador reserve the right to quote and charge for this service.
- No variation of these conditions shall be of any force or effect unless it is recorded in writing and signed by Ambassador’s authorized officer for the time being.
- We may charge a service and/or fuel surcharge for any service requests