Ambassador Doors and Windows warrants their products for 12 years to be free of defects and of acceptable workmanship. Window and Door hardware is only warranted for 12 months from date of invoice. Wooden products are dispatched untreated, unfinished and are susceptible to expansions and contractions caused by variances in both temperate and humidity. This may result in surface checking, shrinking or cupping of material. The natural characteristics of wood movement cannot be warranted against. Ambassador warrants their products only if they have been paid in full. Should the product be found to contain defects, Ambassador will at its option either: Repair any product without charge or; Replace any product in the same unfinished, untreated, exclusive of fitting state and to the same physical address originally supplied.
Exclusions To Warranty
Natural variations in colour, texture or surface checking of wood are not considered defects. Any wooden product coated in a dark colour such as ebony, black or dark green as this causes excessive heat absorption on the outside. Shrinking and swelling and minor cracking of components particularly raised panels is a normal characteristic of wood. Rotting of timber and failure of material in product. Joinery items which extend longer than 2400mm in height. Consequential losses claim due to any defective product or installation thereof. Any glass product factory-fitted or installed by Ambassador after fitment or supplied date for defects such as scratches or cracking. Weather Seals fitted to our Frameless Units. Wear and tear, negligence and abuse of hardware is excluded from product warranty or if the hardware has not been maintained – Lubrication and stainless steel maintenance. Failure to adhere to the installation and treatment instructions as laid out in Terms and Conditions below.
Terms And Conditions
1. Prices hold firm for 30 days from date of quote only. E& OE.
2. Prices are subject to change based on duration of projects, irrespective of deposit payment date.
3. An order cannot be changed or cancelled once the manufacturing process has begun.
4. Prices excludes installation, hanging of wooden doors, glazing, sealing, wetworks (eg plastering, caulking cills, painting etc.), waterproofing with angles, removing of protective plastics and cleaning of glass.
5. Two coats of sealant should be applied to all sides immediately prior to hanging wooden doors or fitting wooden windows and then 2 final coats after fitment.
6. Regular annual inspections and maintenance must be done.
7. All Ambassador products manufactured to our standard design, methods, sections, profiles and hardware.
8. Sizes, sections, profiles, design and hardware may change from time to time.
9. Fabrication will commence only after site inspection, all openings measured individually.
10. All internal doors to be measured on site before manufacture.
11. All glazing will be in accordance with SANS 10137, 10160, 10400 & 1263 – 2012 specifications.
12. Timber doors higher than 2400mm or wider than 1250mm are not warranted, as well as any product manufactured to Open In or with Flat Cill for weatherproofing.
13. With installations, the client will be responsible for removal of old units, preparing openings, taking down fittings, alarm sensors etc… and removal of furniture & valuables during work process.
14. Whilst every care will be taken to avoid periphery damage, Ambassador and its employees cannot be held liable for any damages to tiles. plastering, window cills, carpets sanitary ware, water pipes, wires, etc..
15. Any variation or unforeseen technical circumstances identified to the product at final site inspection or during installation, quoted or not quoted will be for the account of the client.
16. Should installation work only be allowed during certain hours of the day due to noise, etc, or be required in multiple phases, this must be disclosed during the quotation period or at final measurement and the quote adjusted accordingly as our quotation allows for one phase only. Should this information not be disclosed beforehand, Ambassador then reserves the right to either charge for extra days required to complete the work, which must be agreed to in writing by the client before commencement or continuation of work, or to terminate the installation contract and mark as supply only. Any time spent on site will then be charged against the installation fee and the remainder of this fee will be offset against any balances owing.
17. Should ‘supply only’ orders be required in multiple phases, this must be disclosed and quoted accordingly.
18. All wooden products are supplied in its untreated, unfinished, raw form and must be prepped (sanded or smoothed down) before painting or varnishing. Failure to do so will result in an ‘unfinished’ looking product for which Ambassador cannot be held liable.
19. Lead times stated are estimates only and are not binding on Ambassador. No payments may be withheld or deferred in terms thereof.
20. Products are only covered by our warranty once paid in full. Hardware fitted to products are warranted for one year only from date of supply.
21. Should finishing works be held up through no fault of Ambassador, all balances become due within 5 days after installation.